Thursday, October 02, 2008

lil pants for the lil dude..

let me tell you a tale about these pants... no? well tough.

i've been reading The Creative Family by soulemama recently, and one thing really struck me.. how nicely her kids are dressed most of the time! (yeah ok, not the deepest thing to take from it) c'mon look at the cover of the book.. her boys are dressed in shirts that match the trim of their pants! and they are wearing *trousers* not just plain ol' pants... i mean, those kids have a wardrobe, not just clothes, if you know what i mean...

so that inspired a desire in me to have MY kids dressed in nice clothes.

some might suspect that aiming for soulemama-ness is shooting for disappointment ;-) but i figure that she has three youngish kids & is heavily pregnant at the mo, so *surely* that makes it slightly acheiveable?!
(yeah ok it might help the confidence if she only had one arm or something, but we can't have everything..)


so i made eli some nice pants.. see-
how can you tell that they are nice pants?
cos only one pair are made of polar fleece ;-p
(the navy pair - ribbed fleece, the others are cords)
and they have those strange little false fly thing that nice kids pants have lol..

and why did he need new pants?
cos otherwise he has to hold his legs off the ground to stop them getting carpet burn ;-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute! and aww he's grown up so much!
but um, you do know that you probably kinda dress up when you are having your photo taken for publication in a book, right?

Nova said...

lol yeah i know, but the fact that they even *own* matching pants & shirts is quite an achievement! and she's always making purdy stuff on her blog..

(you know it's just an excuse for me to have a fantabulous fabric stash like she does aye? ;) )

Nova said...

and hey, my boy is stil wearing a tiedyed woolen shirt.. we're always gonna be hippies to some extent! :p

Megan Rose said...

Wow, these pants are so fancy with their false flies! Do you make your own patterns? If not, would you mind sharing the pattern number with me? My little guy fairly EATS trousers...

Nova said...

lol nooo firm pattern follower here! it's Burda 9716 - it's a pattern for wee normal or cargo pants + hoodie or normal jumper, 6m to 3yrs :D dead easy too!

Sharonnz said...

WHAT is he doing? He's supposed to be a newborn lying still!

Nova said...

lol yeah you just try telling him that! ;)

applepip said...

Freaky! He is amazing.

You have to try those after-dinner skirts form the SM blog. So easy even I can make 'em. They'd take you about 2 seconds flat.

oacemama said...

Oh, I know about the soulemama thing. I feel very uncreative when I read her book and all of it's wonderful ideas. I am trying to get my kids to wear clothes that a) don't clash heavily and b) aren't two sizes too big or small...that's as wardrobey as it gets round here baby!

Gypsy said...

I couldn't even bring myself to read SouleMama's book - it just makes me feel too frustrated at my total lack of handskills. I am in total awe of your beautiful stuff, your kids are very very lucky! See you at my new blog!!!