Saturday, February 11, 2012

My big boy

My little big boy is starting kindy this week!! Funny to think that I announced being pregnant with him, on this blog all those years ago..

He needs a basic bag for kindy to hold a spare change of clothes, and a piece of fruit, so I made him this little drawstring backpack -

This is with a spare t-shirt & pants inside -

It's the perfect size for a 2-4 year old, and easy for them to open & shut.. It took me a couple of hours to sew, but most of that was the applique (exacerbated by my machine constantly skipping stitches & breaking the thread!! Methinks it needs the timing adjusted..). But it was dead easy and very simple, and does the job perfectly! I hope he like it...

Here's the tutorial link on Pinterest!

1 comment:

randi--i have to say said...

hi nova! i just read your comment on my blog regarding the tutorial. i am just about to head out of town for the day, so i will get back to you sometime tomorrow. just didn't want to leave you waiting! the bag came out very cute, by the way.

have a nice day and talk with you soon! :)